Presented to Ms Leslie Woo, Vice President
Policy, Planning & Innovation, Metrolinx
What CTI will do
1. Will combine transit and cycling to provide a high level of mobility comparable to
2. It will increase options for inter-modal traveling.
3. Will provide flexible, fast and convenient urban transportation to the public in a cost-effective way.
Strategies for Integration of Cycling and Public Transit
1. Increase options for inter-modal travelling, with Bike-and-Ride facilities.
2. Bike and Ride facilities, in a Continuous Uninterrupted Service.
3. Bike racks on all buses, including GO transit.
4. Bicycles to board on trains at all times:
a) Special cars for bikes and riders.
b) Hooks in train cars.
5. Mobility Pass to allow seamless transfer within all modes of transportation.
6. Park-and-Ride with Bicycle facilities
Park & Ride
Bike & Ride
Land Requirements (m2)
Installation cost per space
$10,000 – $12,000
$140 – $800
Operating cost per space (year)
$0 – $30
Benefits of CTI
Positive contributions will be to:
Alleviation of pollution
Improvement of urban space.